- Provide tough, realistic joint and combined arms training
- Focus at the battalion task force and brigade levels
- Assist commanders in developing trained, competent leaders and soldiers
- Identify unit training deficiencies, provide feedback to improve the force and prepare for success on the future joint battlefield
- Provide a venue for transformation
- Take care of soldiers, civilians, and family members
NTC trains the transformed Army by conducting force-on-force and live-fire training for ground and aviation brigades in a joint scenario across the spectrum of conflict, using a live-virtual-constructive training model, as portrayed by a highly lethal and capable Opposing Force and controlled by an expert and experienced Operations Group. The brigade and its joint partners use the full complement of its combat, combat support and combat service support systems in an expanded NTC maneuver area that has multiple urban operations sites and portrays the complexity and human dimension of the modern battlefield. RC units train in rotations, CS/CSS training in support of rotations, and in AT/IDT training using equipment from the MATES site. Rotational training is supported by modernized and fully capable joint organizations, facilities and equipment. NTC has a post-mobilization mission as a center capable of accepting, training, and deploying divisions or separate brigades.