Best practices for managing a purchase card program:
- Engage management at the highest levels.
- Train A/OPCs and cardholders.
- Review credit limits and lower as appropriate.
- Use the bank’s Electronic Access System (EAS), data mining tools, and agency/ organization technology to run reports for monitoring questionable transactions.
- Provide the GSA SmartPay2 card-sized booklet, “Helpful Hints for Purchase Card Use”, with each cardholder application.
- Publish frequently asked questions (FAQs) related to the purchase card on your agency’s/ organization’s website.
- Create a monthly newsletter to reinforce agency/ organization charge card policies and procedures.
- Monitor spend by developing ad hoc reports that can be generated via Electronic Access Systems (EAS).
- Perform an annual review of all issued cards to determine if each cardholder meets the criteria for continued participation in the federal government purchase charge card program.
- Provide comprehensive face-to-face cardholder training as orientation for new cardholders.
- Address standards of conduct/ethics and clearly state consequences for misuse.
- Discuss agency/organization policy.
- Ensure cardholders and A/OPCs fulfill the required refresher training requirements at a minimum every three years, or more frequently as per agency/ organization policy.
- Ensure that training is easily accessible.
*** POLICIES AND GUIDELINES***
ON LINE TRAINING:
US Bank ACCESS Online Training (External Site)
Government Purchase Card On-Line Training (PCOLS)
Mandatory BPA Office Supplies Vendors
Office Supplies Mandatory BPA
Cardholder Application Package
Billing Official Application Package
Army GPC SOP
MICC GPC SOP
MICC HQ GPC SOP
Dept. ARMY GPC SOP
HELPFUL GPC WEBSITES:
NEW! DLA Search for NSNs (Website)
DoD EMall Training (Mandatory Source)
UNICOR Federal Prison Industries
AbilityOne Priority Source Program
Buying Green (Federal Recycling Program)
General Services Administrations (GSA)
GSA Advantage Search
GSA Advantage e-Buy
General Accounting Office (GAO)
DOD Mandatory DAU Purchase Card Training