Skip navigation links
Army Civilians
Command Group/Units
Rotational Info
Skip navigation links
Directions To Fort Irwin
Employee Assistance Program
EO/EEO Offices
Goverment Travel Card (GTCC)
Human Resources - CPAC
Human Resources - DHR
Administrative Services DivisionExpand Administrative Services Division
Casualty and Mortuary Affairs
Employee Assistance Program
Military Personnel Files Section
Official Mail
Personnel Automation System
Voting Assistance
Workforce Development
Suicide Prevention
ICE Comment Sys
Mass Transportation Benefit (MTBP)
NTC Commuter
Resource Guide
UXO Safety
Workforce Development


For information on active duty pre-retirement services
please go to Although Fort Irwin does not have a Retirement Services Officer (RSO) for Post-Retirement services we would like to provide usual links and information for Retiree’s residing in the Southern California area as to where they can receive services after retiring from the active Army or for National Guard & Reserve Soldier looking to retire.

The California Retirement Services Office (RSO) is located in Presidio of Monterey and can be reached at 1-831-242-5976 or toll free at 1-877-354-2634. You can also visit Presidio of Monterey’s website at  Although located in Presidio of Monterey you will never have to travel to your RSO, all communication can be done by phone, fax or email.

If you reside outside of California you can go to the Army G1 Website and enter your state and the website will give you the most recent information for your local RSO.

Fort Irwin does have several agencies that can provide services to Retiree’s

American Red Cross

Mon-Fri 0800-1630

Bldg 571 Third St


Army Career & Alumni Program (ACAP)

Mon- Thurs 0730-1630

Fri 0730-1200/ 1430-1630

Bldg 106
Corner of Inner Loop and 1st Street.



Army Community Services (ACS)

*AER, EFMP, Family Advocacy*

Mon-Fri 0800-1700

Bldg 563 Third St.


Army Substance Abuse Program (ASAP)

Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri 0800-1600

Thurs 1300-1600

Closed Daily for lunch between 1200-1300

Bldg 573 Third St



Behavioral Health

Mon-Fri 0745-1630

Bldg 170 Fourth St.


Death Benefits Coordinator

Mon-Fri 0800-1630

Bldg 561 Third St.



Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri 0800-1600

Thurs 1300-1600

Closed Daily for lunch between 1200-1300

Bldg 106
Corner of Inner Loop and 1st Street.




Education Center


Bldg 1020 Third St



Legal Assistance

Mon-Fri 0830-1630

Bldg 288 Third St


Mary Walker Clinic

Mon-Fri 0730-1630

Bldg 170 Fourth St


Morale, Welfare & Recreation

Mon-Fri 0730-1630

Bldg 563 Third St.



Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri 0830-1700

Thurs 0830-1200

Bldg 170 Fourth St


Survivor Outreach Services (SOS)

Mon-Fri 0800-1630

Bldg 561 Third St.



It is very important that as a Retiree  you  know that you are responsible for updating your retired pay file information at DFAS-CL, using the KY mailing address below, within one year of the event if you move, get married, remarried, have a child, are widowed or divorced and need to make or update a Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP) election.

If in receipt of or entitled to retired pay, mail to: 

Defense Finance and Accounting Service
U.S. Military Retired Pay
PO Box 7130
London, KY 40742-7130
 (put SSN on all pages)

If in receipt of or entitled to SBP/RSFPP annuity, mail to:

Defense Finance and Accounting Service
U.S. Military Annuitant Pay
PO Box 7131
London, KY 40742-7131
 (put SSN on all pages)

If a Retired Reservist not yet 60, mail to:

U.S. Army Human Resources Command—Ft. Knox
DEPT 420
FT KNOX, KY 40122-5402

Not Updating Retired Pay Records Can Cost Benefits

Too often, we hear about Survivors who were denied benefits because the Retired Soldier did not update retired pay records after getting married, divorced, remarried, being widowed or gaining a child.

We hear from Surviving Spouses who did not receive the retired pay for the days of the last month the Retired Soldier was alive because this money went to the person the Soldier had chosen at retirement.

We hear from former spouses who lost Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP) benefits because neither the former spouse nor the Retired Soldier notified DFAS within a year of the court order that awarded former spouse SBP.

We also hear from spouses of Retirees, married after retirement, who assumed they had SBP coverage.  However, if the Retiree did not take the required action within one year of marriage, the spouse may have no SBP coverage.

To make sure your spouse (or former spouse) is prepared, keep a file with information that will be needed when you die. Make sure your spouse (or former spouse) knows what benefits to expect or not to expect.

For Pay/SBP Inquiries


Pay inquiries and update of pay or SBP records in case of death, divorce or remarriage:

Retiree Defense Finance and Accounting Service; U.S. Military Retirement Pay; PO Box 7130; London, KY 40742-7130 1-800-321-1080, 216-522-5955

SBP/RSFPP annuitant Defense Finance and Accounting Service;
U.S. Military Annuitant Pay; PO Box 7131; London, KY 40742-7131 1-800-321-1080; 216-522-5955

Pay Center FAX numbers: (Retiree) 1-800-469-6559; (216) 522-5955 (SBP/RSFPP annuitant) 1-800-982-8459

Online account access: Online contact info (includes e-mail link): myPay customer service:
1-888-DFAS411 or 1-888-332-7411, Commercial 216-522-5096, or DSN 580-5096.


Useful Websites and Numbers

Army Retirement Services:
Army Echoes:
Armed Forces Retirement Home:
1-800-422-9988; 3700 N Capitol St, NW; Washington, DC 20011-8400; Gulfport, MS, will reopen in October

Army & Air Force Exchange Service:
Army Career & Alumni Program:
Army Emergency Relief:
1-866-878-6378; 703-428-0000;
Army Homepage:
Army Knowledge Online:


Combat-Related Special Compensation: 1-866-281-3254;; FAX - 502-613-9550

Concurrent Retirement & Disability Payment: 1-800-321-1080,, under “Retired Pay”

Death – Report a Retired Soldier’s Death: Call local Installation Casualty Assistance Office or HQDA Casualty Operations Center, 1-800-626-3317; from overseas, call 502-613-3317 collect.

Arlington National Cemetery: 703-607-8585;

DEERS: 1-800-538-9552; 831-583-2500 ID card records update in case of death or divorce: Contact nearest ID card facility:

Defense Commissary Agency:
Dental Plan: 1-888-838-8737;
Gulf War Homepage:
Health Beneficiary Counseling Assistance Coordinator:, or contact nearest military medical facility.

Records – Replace DD Form 214, awards: Personnel Records Center (Military Personnel Records); 9700 Page Ave.; St. Louis, MO 63132-5100

Retired Army decal and pin:  Can be purchased at the Retiree corner of your nearest AAFES stores or online at, click on “Exchange Online Mall” then “retailers”, choose USPT Gear, then choose Retired gear.  You will need to log on.

Space-available travel:

Social Security; 1-800-772-1213

(If overseas, contact the American Embassy/consulate, or go to or FAX 410-597-1800.)
Medicare; 1-800-633-4227


Reserve Information

Reserve Benefits: 1-800-318-5298; 314-592-0553

Application for Reserve Retired Pay: (You should receive packet at age 58.) to HRC; ATTN: AHRC-PDR-RCR; 1600 SPEARHEAD DIVISION AVENUE, DEPT 420 FT. KNOX, KY 40122-5402

Retiree Mobilization: As this team completes its move to Ft Knox, go to for information


VA Information

Regional Offices: 1-800-827-1000 (Retirees overseas should contact the American Embassy/consulate); TDD (Telecomm. Device for Deaf) 1-800-829-4833

Insurance: VA Regional Office and Insurance Center; PO Box 7208 (claims inquiries); PO Box 7327 (loans); PO Box 7787 (payments); Philadelphia, PA 19101; 1-800-669-8477

Health Care Benefits: 1-877-222-8387

Grave Information: 1-800-697-6947

GI Bill: 1-888-442-4551

TRICARE Information

TRICARE North: 1-877-TRICARE;; CT, DC, DE, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, NC, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT, VA, WI, WV, some ZIPs in IA, MO, TN

TRICARE South: 1-800-444-5445;; AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, OK, SC, TN (except 35 TN ZIP codes near Ft Campbell), and TX (except the extreme SW El Paso area)

TRICARE West: 1-888-TRIWEST;; AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, IA (except 82 Iowa ZIP codes near Rock Island, IL) KS, MO (except the St. Louis area), MN, MT, ND, NE, NM, NV, OR, SD, SW TX, UT, WA, WY

TRICARE Overseas: 1-888-777-8343;
TRICARE for Life:
1-866-773-0404; (TDD for hearing impaired 1-866-773-0405);
TRICARE Mail Order Pharmacy: 1-866-363-8667;
TRICARE Retail Pharmacy: 1-866-363-8779;

Privacy Statement External Link Disclaimer Irwin Web Mail Contact Webmaster FOIA Section 508 Compliance