Skip navigation links
Army Civilians
Command Group/Units
Rotational Info
Skip navigation links
Directions To Fort Irwin
Employee Assistance Program
EO/EEO Offices
Goverment Travel Card (GTCC)
Human Resources - CPAC
Human Resources - DHR
Administrative Services DivisionExpand Administrative Services Division
Casualty and Mortuary Affairs
Employee Assistance Program
Military Personnel Files Section
Official Mail
Personnel Automation System
Voting Assistance
Workforce Development
Suicide Prevention
ICE Comment Sys
Mass Transportation Benefit (MTBP)
NTC Commuter
Resource Guide
UXO Safety
Workforce Development

In-Processing Section



Soldiers Readiness Branch
Bldg 108, Inner Loop and 1st Street
Fort Irwin, CA 92310

Official Mailing Address

Soldiers Readiness Branch
P.O. Box 105099
Fort Irwin, CA  92310

Contact Information Numbers

Customer Service (760) 380-8901
NTC Replacement (760) 380-4747
In-Processing  (760) 380-4747 /3099  /5135 /3274
Fax (760) 380-2195

Office Hours

0900 - 1200 & 1300 - 1530 Monday, Wednesday, Friday
1300-1600 Tuesday, Thursday
Closed for lunch 1200 - 1300 
Closed All Federal Holidays

   Our mission is to work as a team to reflect competence and confidence when servicing our customers; providing professional, quality personnel Service Support with a positive attitude in the areas of updating DD Form 93, SGLV 8286, ERB/ORB updates, and DA1506, Computation of Service,  to the Soldiers we service on Fort Irwin.

 Take the In-Processing Survey

Updating your DD Form 93/SGLV 8286:

The following information is required to update your Record of Emergency Data (DD Form 93), and Service members’ Group Life Insurance Election and Certificate (SGLV Form 8286):

  • Names, Physical Address and Telephone Numbers of ALL family members to include but not limited to:
    • Spouse
    • Children
    • Father
    • Mother
    • Brother
    • Sister
    • Any other person you want included in the above document.



Soldiers required to update their Enlisted Records Brief (ERB) or Officer Records Brief (ORB) will bring all supporting documents to include:

  • _____Deployment Orders with any Attachments
  • _____DA Form 87- Certificate of Training
  • _____DA Form 1059- Service School Academic Evaluation Report
  • _____Certificates of Completion
  • _____Awards Certificates and/or DA Form 638- Recommendation for Award
  • _____Any MILPER Messages awarding unit awards or service awards
  • _____All NCOERs / OERs
  • _____Correspondence Course History Printout and/or Certificates
  • _____College Transcript- Sealed or a memorandum from the Education Center  
               showing total number of hours completed
  • _____Miscellaneous documents showing proof of an update to record brief

DA 1506

If a Soldier is coming from Reserve or National Guard, or Prior Service coming on to Active Duty, most likely they will need a DA 1506- Computation of Service. The below list of documents are used to calculate your creditable service time and dates. Pay Entry Basic Date (PEBD), Basic Active Service Date (BASD) and Date of Rank (DOR) (Some documents may or may not apply)

DD FORM 214:  Certificate of Release of Discharge from Active Duty - From ALL periods of prior service from any branch of service

DA FORM 1059s:  Service School Academic Report

TDY Orders: Temporary Duty Orders - Credit for active duty while in Reserve / National Guard Units

LEAVE AND EARNING STATEMENT (LES):  Indicating Active Duty Block time in Remarks Section. must have the beginning date and end date of active duty period.

DD FORM 4/1, DD FORM 4/2 and DD FORM 4/3 (if Soldier has no prior service):  Enlistment Contracts

DD Form 368:  Request for Conditional Release from Reserve or Guard Components

DA FORM 4187:  Personnel Action request to enlist in the Regular Army

NGB FORM 22:  Report of Separation and Record of Service

NGB FORM 23:  Army National Guard Retirement Points History Statement

PROMOTION ORDERS:  Orders promoting Soldier to current grade

 FOR OFFICERS ONLY: **Add the following to the list above

  • 1st Contract and any Annex’s for special programs such as SMP, HPSP, etc.
  • 1st Oath of Office and any other Oaths that the Soldier has taken
  • 1st Order Commissioning Officer to Active Duty


National Personnel Records Center- (314) 801-0800                                                 

Documents may be in Military Personnel File (MPF)

Access through Army Knowledge Online (AKO) accounts

  • Self Service
  • My Personnel
  • View your entire Official Military Personnel File (OMPF)

Access website

  • My Record Portal
  • Login with AKO Login or CAC
  • Select Reserve/National Guard Record
  • Print documents from OMPF, points detail, etc. from this area


ICE                                                                                        AKO
Privacy Statement External Link Disclaimer Irwin Web Mail Contact Webmaster FOIA Section 508 Compliance